Episode 1: Sales Meeting | Goal Setting Reinvented
While approaching a year without a goal or a plan is just a terrible idea, walking into a year with only one goal might be the next worst thing. Learn why setting at least three goals is crucial when it comes to running a successful sales business.
Leadpages – Easily build landing pages and mini-sites that convert customers into real business without the stresses of a typically clunky website platform. Learn more about what Leadpages has to offer and try it for FREE NOW!
Offrs.com – Helping generate listing leads utilizing some of real estate’s most fine-tuned predictive analytics. Visit Offrs.com/RERAW today to find your territory and book a demo with Tom, the same rep that James works with for his real estate business.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(Note: clicking on any of the timestamps below will jump you directly to that exact point in the episode)
- [00:01] – Learn about and get a FREE trial on Leadpages
- [00:23] – RERAW intro
- [01:02] – Welcome to our short form weekly sales meeting. Today we are discussing goal setting and discussing why setting just one goal can be fatal to your business.
- [02:02] – Realtyzam is the best accounting app designed specifically for real estate agents and you can sign up for a completely FREE 30-day trial.
- [03:37] – The three most common mistakes that most professionals make when approaching their goal setting. 1. No goals are set; 2. Goals set don’t add up; 3. Only one goal is set.
- [04:41] – James shares a story about the agent that went 25 years without ever setting a goal and why you don’t want to be that agent.
- [05:54] – Everyone needs to have and set at least three goals for their business. 1. Need; 2. Want; 3. Reach.
- [06:30] – “Need Goal” defined.
- [08:00] – “Want Goal” defined.
- [08:18] – “Reach Goal” defined.
- [08:45] – Understanding why setting three goals is so imperative. Working against complacency.
- [10:46] – Goals versus actual numbers and how to find the numbers you’ll need to assist you in your goal setting.
- [13:24] – It’s important to know the seasonality of your business so you can understand the numbers you’ll need to post and when, so that you can stay on track towards your target numbers.
- [16:13] – Even if you do set a goal every year, it’s important that you revisit your plan and update your strategy.
- [16:37] – Offrs.com utilizes incredible predictive analytics to produce highly targeted leads to hunt for your next listing. James set up an opportunity for you to actually talk to the same sales representative he has a relationship with and set up his account through for his own real estate business.
Resources to Check Out
- Tired of reading? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Book Recommendation: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss
- Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!