Episode 11: Interview | Ron Evans
Ron comes back from a Ramble on Episode 6 and gets personal about his own business and aspirations. Learn from a man whose more motivated to make money by treating people right than by the actual amount that can go in the bank. Driven by positive human interaction, Ron shares the secrets to his success and some of the struggles he’s encountered through that growth over the years and … even now … as he continues to grow his team.
Sponsors | Affiliate Links
Aiva – Aiva is your “first responder” for all of your leads. They engage, qualify and nurture leads for real estate agents. You take the time you need with clients that require our attention or take a minute with family and friends without the worry that someone else is getting your business. Aiva gets your leads back to you when they’re ready for an agent to step in. Aiva has a wonderful service that’s efficient and affordable for agents and teams of all sizes and experience levels. There’s no long term contracts and Aiva has the ability to be flexible to your business style which makes this a no-brainer. Try Aiva out today!
Offrs – Helping generate listing leads utilizing some of real estate’s most fine-tuned predictive analytics. Visit Offrs.com/RERAW today to find your territory and book a demo with Tom, the same rep that James works with for his real estate business.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(Note: clicking on any of the timestamps below will jump you directly to that exact point in the episode)
- [00:01] – WAKE UP with some ENERGY! It’s the RERAW intro.
- [00:58] – Aiva … YES … this is an affiliate link but it’s also one that I personally use in my real estate business. Why the links? Simple, we’re gonna talk about tips and tricks, this podcast takes time to create, the info is free AND if you’re thinking of getting it anyway … it doesn’t cost you any extra dough but it does provide some support for the show. So, there you have it. Aiva is your “first responder” for all of your leads. They engage, qualify and nurture leads for real estate agents. You take the time you need with clients that require our attention or take a minute with family and friends without the worry that someone else is getting your business. Aiva gets your leads back to you when they’re ready for an agent to step in. Aiva has a wonderful service that’s efficient and affordable for agents and teams of all sizes and experience levels. There’s no long term contracts and Aiva has the ability to be flexible to your business style which makes this a no-brainer. Try Aiva out today!
- [01:38] – You might recognize our guest from a previous Ramble session. Ron Evans!
- [02:38] – Ron shares a little bit about his professional path in real estate and talks about his passions and life outside of business. This includes time with his daughters at the Indian Princesses program.
- [06:00] – Learn about Ron’s vision of success. He talks about his drive beyond the dollars.
- [10:23] – Ron continues on his goal setting and he tracks towards those goals.
- [11:23] – What experiences in the different roles Ron has been through has lead to his chosen path and business structure today?
- [14:50] – What made the partnership work? What contributed to Ron’s mindset and change in production levels?
- [16:45] – What had to changes had to take place in Ron and Angela’s business structure to know that building a team could work and was the way they ultimately wanted to go?
- [22:00] – Understanding and defining the roles of each team member and partner.
- [24:13] – Learn from Ron’s mistakes. What could he have done better when he started building his team?
- [28:30] – A common misunderstanding that folks have about what teams provide.
- [31:41] – Ron’s advice to the new agents out there.
- [39:55] – SHIFT: How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times by Gary Keller with Dave Jenks and Jay Papasan.
- [30:14] – Ron and his partner give back to the community. Learn why this is so important.
- [46:47] – James give a shout to THRIVE – Make Money Matter and their mission to help people build more successful businesses to serve greater purposes and give back to others.
- [49:39] – Ron’s favorite free and inexpensive resources … including The Social Agent, MelissaData and LionDesk.
- [51:27] – The worst advice Ron’s ever received.
- [51:55] – James recaps the interview and wraps up the show.
- [53:03] – Stay in contact with Ron at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out their site at KaufmanEvansHomes.com.
- [54:55] – Check out Offrs!
Resources to Check Out
- Tired of reading? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Book Recommendation: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss
- Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!
- Realtyzam – The best accounting software designed specifically for real estate agents. Visit Realtyzam.com/RERAW and get a 100% 30 Day FREE Trail! This is an affiliate link.