Episode 5: Interview | Ryan Howell Discusses The Power Of “No”
Agent, inspector, escrow officer … it matters not. The perspectives from all sides are so valuable and sometimes it’s surprising how similar our structures are, even though our roles in the industry are so different. Ryan drops some major value. Learn more about the power of “no,” creating your dream team, why agents aren’t the center of the universe any longer and so much more.
Sponsors | Affiliate Links
Aiva – Aiva works your leads while you leap. They engage, qualify and nurture leads for real estate agents. Spend your time with clients that need you or get your time with family and friends. Aiva gets your leads to you when they’re ready to an agent to step in. Exceptional service and affordable for agents and teams of all levels. No long term contracts and ability to be flexible to your business style makes this a no-brainerTry Aiva out today!.
Click Funnels – All sales are ultimately funnels. Find out which funnels are best for your business and get a 2 Week FREE Trail with Click Funnels TODAY! The consumer is changing how they interact with our businesses, join them.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(Note: clicking on any of the timestamps below will jump you directly to that exact point in the episode)
- [00:01] – Learn about and hire a professional Inside Sales Team to respond to and nurture your leads. Visit Aiva today and see what it’s all about.
- [00:23] – RERAW intro
- [01:28] – James introduces guest, Ryan Howell from Coastline Home Services.
- [02:04] – Ryan says “hi” and let’s us in on his world.
- [04:06] – How does Ryan find any kind of balance? Learn what he thinks about searching for balance as a home inspector, agent or really anyone.
- [06:26] – If most people know what it took to start a business, no one would do it. What’s the “burnout” rate in home inspections?
- [09:16] – Part-time in an industry like real estate can be a dangerous game. Ryan talks about why.
- [12:04] – How do agents find reliable contractors for their and their client’s needs?
- [16:25] – Remarks on the idea that home inspectors can control the deal and why that’s not really the case.
- [28:02] – Pre-listing inspections?! Yeah! Think about it …
- [32:00] – Protecting your time and how do you handle your schedule overall? The power of “no” and the way that Ryan manages the chaos.
- [38:21] – Calendly is an amazing tool that I suggest you check out.
- [40:46] – Focus on attracting the people that support your structure and your goals.
- [42:09] – What common mistakes does Ryan see real estate agents making? Do you understand the business as much as you think you do?
- [46:23] – Having a “high-touch” relationship with clients is an absolute must to be successful in today’s world.
- [46:43] – Tell us about the most underused technology in the real estate industry. Ryan talks about sales funnels and why funnel systems (Click Funnels is my absolute top recommendation) is something that every agent should at least know about, understand and (candidly) should really be using.
- [51:39] – Take a look at Ryan Howell’s website for his company, Coastline Home Services.
- [53:40] – Advice for rookie home inspectors and then a drop on some advice for rookie real estate agents.
- [58:14] – Quick show recap.
- [58:51] – Stay in contact with Ryan by following him on Instagram @therthowell
- [59:32] – Email James@RERAW.com with an email that says in the title “I Want Your Funnels” and we’ll mock up some starting funnels that will help you get off the ground in the next short while.
- [1:00:01] –
Resources to Check Out
- Tired of reading? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Book Recommendation: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss
- Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!
- Realtyzam – The best accounting software designed specifically for real estate agents. Visit Realtyzam.com/RERAW and get a 100% 30 Day FREE Trail! This is an affiliate link.