Episode 14: Interview | Stephanie Sanzotta Breaks Down Cold Calling
Sales reps in every industry just have a way of naturally making things more difficult than they need. Steph is the owner of a professional inside sales organization and she talks about the pitfalls of cold calling and how agents can step up their game.
Sponsors & Affiliate Links
There’s no “hard sell.” But, if you’re thinking of using a service we promote (and if you like the show), show your love by purchasing through our affiliate links to support the future of RERAW.
Aiva – Nurture leads as they come in and make sure that you never miss a lead again! Whether you’re busy with other clients, family … or sleeping at 3am … Aiva is around 24/7/365 to get it done. Sign up TODAY!
Leadpages – Easily build landing pages and mini-sites that convert customers into real business without the stresses of a typically clunky website platform. Learn more about what Leadpages has to offer and try it for FREE NOW!
Offrs.com – Helping generate listing leads utilizing some of real estate’s most fine-tuned predictive analytics. Visit Offrs.com/RERAW today to find your territory and book a demo with Tom, the same rep that James works with for his real estate business.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(Note: clicking on any of the timestamps below will jump you directly to that exact point in the episode)
- [00:01] – Aiva – Nurture leads as they come in and make sure that you never miss a lead again! Whether you’re busy with other clients, family … or sleeping at 3am … Aiva is around 24/7/365 to get it done. Sign up TODAY!
- [00:23] – RERAW theme intro.
- [01:03] – James introduces Steph Sanzotta … yes, you’ve met her from our Ramble session in week one on Episode 3 where she spoke about her journey through Hell.
- [02:55] – Get to know Steph a little bit outside of work. Manifestation through thoughts. Passions, including the fine arts … unexpectedly leading to a career in sales.
- [06:13] – A little about the journey that lead Steph to Inside Sales.
- [10:48] – What are the biggest mistakes agents make when cold calling? Are agents and other Inside Sales Agents writing off the prospects too soon?
- [13:39] – “Never Split The Difference” – Chris Voss. Ask the right questions. Don’t lead the prospect to answer that you want to hear, that get everyone nowhere.
- [17:01] – At what point do you actually stop calling on a lead?
- [20:00] – People are mean when you cold call. How do you just let insults and hostility just roll off your back?
- [22:41] – What are the biggest pitfalls that agents make on the phone? Ask your questions and shut the hell up!
- [27:50] – Tayloring scripts to be personalized and made into your own.
- [33:05] – What kind of lead is Steph’s favorite to call on? The answer may surprise you but the reason is genius.
- [34:50] – The hardest lead type to convert are …
- [36:54] – Steph comments on circle prospecting.
- [42:26] – The final fire of questions: worst advice given to an ISA, most important thing that everyone should be doing and what the best dialer from a professional whose business relies on it.
- [50:05] – Steph’s favorite personal and professional resources … including Grant Cardone and Les Brown.
- [52:20] – Get in contact with Steph: Office: 518-240-1161, www.infinityappointments.com or https://www.fb.com/infinityappointments
- [53:33] – Aiva – Nurture leads as they come in and make sure that you never miss a lead again! Whether you’re busy with other clients, family … or sleeping at 3am … Aiva is around 24/7/365 to get it done. Sign up TODAY!
Help Stephanie raise awareness and support the efforts to defeat Necrotizing Fasciitis by visiting the NATIONAL NECROTIZING FASCIITIS FOUNTATION
Resources to Check Out
- Tired of reading? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Book Recommendation: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss
- Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!
- LOVING THE SHOW?! Whatever your listening on … leave us a good review!