Episode 9: Ramble | Chris Robertson
Ramble sessions are fun because no one ever knows what direction they’re going to go. Chris and James hop into some “trolling” on social media and ramble about some questions that the newbies have brought up … as well as share some other good stuff.
Blow off some steam before the weekend and just relax with these two guys talking through some of real estate’s randomness while finding a few places to plug some value in a pretty casual setting.
Sponsors & Affiliate Links
There’s no “hard sell.” But, if you’re thinking of using a service we promote (and if you like the show), show your love by purchasing through our affiliate links to support the future of RERAW.
Leadpages – Easily build landing pages and mini-sites that convert customers into real business without the stresses of a typically clunky website platform. Learn more about what Leadpages has to offer and try it for FREE NOW!
Offrs.com – Helping generate listing leads utilizing some of real estate’s most fine-tuned predictive analytics. Visit Offrs.com/RERAW today to find your territory and book a demo with Tom, the same rep that James works with for his real estate business.
Need to fire up your business? Or, looking to start over and do it the right way? Due to some early requests, your host (James Hoff), is opening up a few coaching slots. Click here and say “I’m Ready To Re-Fire!” with your phone number and email … James will be in contact with information.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(Note: clicking on any of the timestamps below will jump you directly to that exact point in the episode)
- [00:01] – Leadpages – Easily build landing pages and mini-sites that convert customers into real business without the stresses of a typically clunky website platform. Learn more about what Leadpages has to offer and try it for FREE NOW!
- [00:23] – RERAW intro.
- [01:02] – Say “what’s up” to Chris Robertson!
- [02:40] – Trolling some social media today, Chris and James tackle a few questions from the rookies throughout the show … with a little fun along the way.
- [03:20] – Chris breaks the ice and jumps in on a thing or two that just rubs him the wrong way he and James start working their way down the rabbit-hole.
- [06:45] – Friendly reminder that the real estate transactions don’t belong to the agents but rather the client.
- [10:52] – Are open houses a waste of time? Learn a few tips on the value of open houses and a few things you should and should not do.
- [24:33] – How to overcome the objection “why should we hire you, you’re a new agent with little experience?” Understanding that you don’t need to be sorry for being new. Everyone is at the beginning at some point.
- [30:15] – Parts of real estate that are stuck in the past.
- [32:25] – Business cards … of all kinds. Do you put your pet on your card?
- [36:24] – When do you bring up your commission percentage in a listing presentation? Chris discusses how he’s become more successful by hard-coding his commission right into the listing agreement.
- [41:05] – … “discount” brokerages.
- [44:00] – Sinking the competition without ever saying their name.
- [48:41] – Will Chris accept and list an overpriced listing?
- [52:01] – Sinking your seller by unintentional misrepresentation and opening your mouth about things you shouldn’t.
- [56:10] – Chris brings up the topic of technology in a modern listing … specifically, cameras. How do you handle the presence of cameras on the property when listing or showing a home?
- [01:04:27] – James wraps it up and reminds listeners about RERAW.com, how to find other episodes and what to be on the look out for. Real Agents Work!
- [43:43] – Offrs.com – Helping generate listing leads utilizing some of real estate’s most fine-tuned predictive analytics. Visit Offrs.com/RERAW today to find your territory and book a demo with Tom, the same rep that James works with for his real estate business.
Resources to Check Out
- Tired of reading? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Book Recommendation: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss
- Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!
- LOVING THE SHOW?! Whatever your listening on … leave us a good review!
- Get in contact with Chris Robertson here!