Episode 2: Interview | William Hegmann Unlocks Some Social Media Secrets
Too many professionals spend money to have someone else do work (for a lot of money) on monthly subscriptions for ads that you could easily learn with a few, little known, “hacks” and do yourself. William Hegmann talks about what agents are doing wrong and some tricks to correct your social media ads that will allow you to fire those monthly subscriptions to manage your ads and put 100% of that money into the actual ad, instead of paying half of it as a service fee.
The Social Agent – Learn more about how to run successful Facebook ads for your business … or consider hiring William to teach you how to do it yourself.
Realty Solutions – The brokerage that William Hegmann co-founded.
Audible – Prefer to use William’s suggestion of maybe some audio books? If you’re not already a member, you can click here to get a couple for free and try out Amazon’s Audible.
Gary Vaynerchuck – Check out his NEW book “Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too” and you can also get some pretty amazing content from Gary Vee’s YouTube channel.
Leadpages – Easily build landing pages and mini-sites that convert customers into real business without the stresses of a typically clunky website platform. Learn more about what Leadpages has to offer and try it for FREE NOW!
Offrs.com – Helping generate listing leads utilizing some of real estate’s most fine-tuned predictive analytics. Visit Offrs.com/RERAW today to find your territory and book a demo with Tom, the same rep that James works with for his real estate business.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(Note: clicking on any of the timestamps below will jump you directly to that exact point in the episode)
- [00:01] – Ad – Learn about and get a FREE trial on Leadpages
- [00:22] – RERAW intro
- [01:03] – Welcome to the first official RERAW interview.
- [01:23] – William Hegmann’s introduction.
- [01:34] – William is the founder of The Social Agent.
- [01:54] – Co-Founder of Realty Solutions.
- [02:10] – Meet our guest. William says “hi” and fills us in on some of his professional and personal background.
- [05:37] – The start of The Social Agent.
- [07:07] – Get some RAW insights from the The Social Agent himself on what most agents are doing wrong with their Facebook lead generation.
- [08:46] – William highlights his focus on helping agents who need to learn how to fend for themselves so they can spend their money where it counts and make it work the most for them.
- [10:15] – Learn why the “Free Home Value Ad” just doesn’t work.
- [11:10] – Home sellers are buyers first and our guest explains why.
- [17:32] – Understand more about the consumers perspective and the psychology that goes into creating the ads you promote through social media.
- [20:23] – What ads came before The Social Agent Facebook strategy? How did William make connections and get business before?
- [22:00] – The “lightbulb moment”
- [25:57] – Understanding and having the foundation is half the battle. Then, you have to try new things and tweak the ads to fit your market.
- [26:59] – Rewinding to a darker moment in William’s journey where he hits the bottom and tells us how he crawled back out.
- [29:58] – The Social Agent started with answers to just a few questions online to some agents in need.
- [38:48] – Focusing on your strengths to get out of a bad spot is key.
- [40:15] – Ad – The best real estate accounting software is Realtyzam. Your host, James, has been using this for years and it is easy, convenient and you can get a 30-Day FREE trial by visiting www.RERAW.com/zam.
- [42:28] – The biggest mistakes agents make when trying to grow their business. The power of relationships.
- [47:16] – Find out what William thinks are the biggest challenges that new agents face and how not realizing it can cost them a career in this industry.
- [49:54] – Our guest tells listeners what the absolute worst advice is that most agents take as great advice. The answer may surprise you!
- [56:11] – The best free opportunity for agents to lead generate comes from _______?
- [59:28] – William shares more about what’s most exciting to him in today’s real estate market.
- [1:05:00] – Leaders constantly tap into resources to better themselves personally and professionally. Our guest, William, shares a few growth tools that he likes working with.
- [1:09:27] – Audio books help you get more info faster when you’re on the move.
- [1:10:49] – Final thoughts and how to get in contact with William to learn more about The Social Agent or network with a leader in this business.
- [1:14:53] – Ad – Offrs uses the best predictive analytics in the business to help you identify the best and most likely Seller leads. Set up a meeting to speak with the same rep James uses and start growing your listing numbers today.
Resources to Check Out
- Tired of reading? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
- Book Recommendation: Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Timothy Ferriss
- Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!